Monday, February 3, 2014

My Favorite Makeup Brushes

Hello Dolls!

Today I want to share with you the greatest makeup brushes on the market right now. Sigma brushes are used by pretty much every YouTube beauty vlogger around, and there is a reason why! They are the BEST brushes, even better than MAC in my opinion, and they are less expensive as well. If you are just getting into makeup, like I was a few years ago, you probably have no clue which brush is used for what and which ones are necessary to purchase. Think of makeup brushes like an investment. I have had Sigma brushes for over 2 years now, and they still look brand new. I know the price can be scary at first, but you will use these everyday and if you take care of them they will last a very long time! I do have a lot of brushes because I have been collecting them for a few years, but I did not buy them all at once. I did buy the Essential Kit- Mr. Bunny Collection to begin with, and built from there. You can decide if you want to invest in the kit which comes with most of my favorite brushes, or they do sell them all individually if you want to buy a few at a time. I will let you know which brushes I think are a MUST have, and which ones you can go without. Prices vary depending on color. Most of Sigma's brushes come in silver, copper, or gold (listed by least expensive- most expensive. The only difference is the color of the ferrules(the metal part of the brush) for the copper and silver brushes. The actual brush is the same. The gold collection is a little different though. I think the brushes are nicer, but unless you are a professional makeup artist or you really like gold I don't see a benefit of spending the extra money. Let's get started!



1. F50 & F55 Duo Fibre Face Brush  $23.00 or $18.00

This brush is a MUST have for anyone who uses a liquid foundation. It comes in two sizes the F50 is the larger brush and the F55 is the smaller brush. I use both sizes equally and think they are both great! The larger brush is more dense and has more bristles, but like I said I think they both give the same effect. This type of brush is great for applying your liquid foundation because it gives an airbrush like finish to your face. If I could pick one brush to use the rest of my life, this would be the one! If you are not ready to splurge on this brush you can try out Real Techniques Stippling Brush from Ulta it is $9.99 and is a great brush for the price.



Get them here:


http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/f50.htm

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/f55.htm



2. F25 Tapered Face $29.00

This brush is used for powder, and if you use a liquid foundation, setting it with a powder is a must. I love this brush because it picks up a lot of powder, but distributes it evenly onto your face without making you look cakey. It is also tapered which allows you to precisely apply powder to smaller parts of the face easily. This brush is a MUST have for me!



Find it here:

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/F25_Tapered_Face_Tapered_Face_Brush_Face_Brushe_p/f25.htm



3. F05 Small Contour $18.00

I use this brush for bronzer, highlighting, and for blush. I love the shape and size of the brush, and it applies products very nicely. It blends easily and doesn't leave harsh lines which can happen when you contour or highlight. This is a MUST have!



Find it here:

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Small_Contour_F05_p/f05.htm



4. F35 Tapered Highlighter $21.00

This brush is great for applying highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones. I use it everyday, but for someone that doesn't use highlighter often I would say this isn't necessary. You can use the F05 (mentioned above) for highlighting as well. I just like this brush better because it's tapered, and I can put the highlighter exactly where I want it. This is not a must have, but I do highly recommended this brush. If you aren't ready to splurge on this brush, try out Real Techniques Setting brush from Ulta ($7.99). It is perfect for highlighting as well!



Find it here:

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/f35.htm

Real Technique Brush:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4260019




5. F86 Tapered Kabuki  $21.00

I love all of Sigma's Kabuki brushes, but this one is my most used. I use it specifically for applying my under eye concealer. It doesn't tug or pull on my eye area, and it fits under my eye nicely. This is not necessary especially if you don't wear under eye concealer. You can always use your ring finger to smooth out the concealer instead of a brush. The brush just makes it easier for me and I do use it everyday.



Find it here:

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Sigma_Tapered_Top_Synthetic_Kabuki_F86_p/f86.htm



6. Essential Kit Mr. Bunny $155.00 also comes with a travel brush holder

As you can see below, it comes with a lot of great brushes to start your makeup brush collection. It is a cheaper option than buying all of these individually.

Includes:
-E05 Eye Liner
-E30 Pencil
-E40 Tapered Blending
-E55 Eye Shading
-E60 Large Shader
-E65 Small Angle
-E70 Medium Angled Shading
-F30 Large Powder
-F40 Large Angled Contour
-F50 Duo Fibre
-F60 Foundation
-F70 Concealer







Thank you so much for reading! Let me know if you try out any of these brushes, and let me know what you think. What are some of your favorite brushes?



Until next time!



Stay Beautiful ♥





0 comments:

Post a Comment