Monday, February 10, 2014

Top 3 High End Mascaras & Top 3 Drugstore Mascaras

Welcome back dolls!

 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mascara. It is my all time favorite beauty product because I believe it makes every makeup look ten times better. While I typically use higher end mascaras, I have found some pretty good dupes at the drugstore! (I know some of these mascaras are a little pricey, but I highly recommend splurging on a good mascara). You get what you pay for in terms of color payoff for mascaras. The higher end mascaras require less coats to achieve the desired looks.

A question I am asked a lot is: "Do you wear waterproof mascara?"... and my answer is no. I don't use waterproof mascara just because I find it to be damaging to my eyelashes. I use a good eye makeup remover, but taking it off is always an issue for me. I never like having to scrub my eyes ,and I definitely do not like damaging my lashes. If you like wearing waterproof mascara, then you are welcome to try these in the waterproof formula. I am not sure if the formula is exactly the same though since I have never tried them.

1.  Giorgio Armani: Eyes to Kill Excess in Color 1 (Black)  $30.00
 



This mascara is my all time favorite mascara. I have tried a bunch of mascaras, but this one is amazing. I love the brush and the formula. It separates and coats your lashes in just one coat. I love heavy dramatic lashes so I use two-three coats, but the coverage is crazy. My only issue with this mascara is that it is a little pricy, but I just love it so much I keep splurging on it every couple of months. Highly suggest giving this a try.

Find it here:

 http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/giorgio-armani-eyes-to-kill-excess-mascara/3136227?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=246&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B


2. Too Faced: Better Than Sex in Color (Black)  $23.00

 
 
 I discovered this mascara at Ulta when I got a free sample, and I decided to give it a try. I was so impressed with it. The brush looks a little strange, but it works so well. The coverage is fantastic, and the mascara is very black. It is a little cheaper than the Armani, and I hate to admit that I like this one as well as the Armani (which I never thought I would say.) Another great thing about this mascara is, it is available at Ulta & Sephora (when it's not sold out).

Find it here: 

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2263444&productId=xlsImpprod5530007&bstore=ulta&oos=yes&_requestid=420326

3. Chanel: Le Volume de Chanel in Color (Noir)  $30.00




I decided to give this mascara a try one day while doing some online shopping. I  was a little skeptical because the brush was rubber, and I am usually not a big fan of those type of mascara wands. Most of them do not separate my lashes, and I end up with a huge mess. However, this mascara works really well. I don't think it separates my lashes as well as the Armani or Too Faced, but it does give great coverage and it makes your lashes look really long. I would only recommenced trying this mascara if you have long lashes, or you know how to work with a rubber mascara wand. I could see how someone who is new to makeup would have a hard time using this product. It took me a while to figure out how to use it. Another issue I have is that it is a little hard to get off when you use a lot of it. It isn't waterproof, but it seems to stay on like it is waterproof. Overall it is a great mascara, but I would not recommended to a beginner.

Find it here & at most department stores:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chanel-le-volume-de-chanel-mascara/3405125?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=249&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_D

4.  L'Oreal: Voluminous Full Definition in Color (Blackest Black)  $7.99


 
 
 This product does exactly what the name suggest. It creates a lot of volume, and separates your lashes to make them look more defined. The brush is comparable to the Armani Eye to Kill, but the coverage is not as great. You have to use a lot more coats to achieve a really dramatic look. It is a great product for the price, and is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras for sure.

Find it here:

 http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=VP00033

5. Revlon: Lash Potion in Color (221 Blackest Black)  $ 7.99



I absolutely LOVE this mascara for several reason. First, how cute is the packaging? Come on it's adorable. (I am a sucker for cute packaging). I also love how large the brush is, and the coverage is amazing! It is so black, and coats your lashes without making them look clumpy. My one issue with this mascara is that it rubs off on my eyelids throughout the day. I do love it though, so I usually just do a touch up throughout the day. This mascara is comparable to the Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.

Find it here:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5420005

6. Maybelline: Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes in Color (Blackest Black) $7.99




As you have probably already figured out, I love mascara with larger wands. Shocker right?! Well using a large wand on my lower lashes with my tiny eyes is a no go. So I have been searching for a great lower lash mascara, and I have finally found it.... Introducing Maybelline Big Eyes! I only use the lower lash side of this mascara because I am not a huge fan of the upper lash brush. The lower brush is so skinny, and separates lower lashes perfectly without getting mascara everywhere. This is my new favorite product for lower lashes, and best of all it is available at most drugstores!

Find it here:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5540009


These mascaras are my all time favorites! I encourage you to try one if you are in the market for a great mascara! Please leave me any questions, and let me know your favorite high end or drugstore mascara as well. Thank you so much for reading.

Until next time,

Stay Beautiful ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment