Monday, January 27, 2014

How To Get A Flawless Face!

Hello Dolls!

Today I will be explaining how to get a flawless face because I mean who doesn't want to look flawless??

*Click on the pictures below to find out more info or to buy the products mentioned*

Step 1: Primer

Primers are not for everybody, but I personally love primers. Primers are used to prep your face before you put on foundation. Most primers fill in pores/lines giving you a nice base to apply your makeup. My favorite primer is the Benefit Porefessional. I put a small amount on my fingertips and put it all over my face.

Find it here:

Benefit Porefessional  $30.00
Benefit Porefessional Ulta

Step 2: Foundation

After your face is primed, now it is time for foundation. I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 20 Beige. It is a long wear foundation that is supposed to make your face look more luminous and glowing. I apply my foundation with a Sigma F50 or F55 (the large or small duo fibre brush) in a circular motion on my face. (I avoid my under eye area and the tops of my cheeks because I will be using concealer to cover my dark circles next.) This brush is great because it really gives you a flawless, airbrushed appearance. The key to foundation is using the correct amount. Most people think foundation is supposed to cover up every blemish so they keep adding more foundation to the face thus giving you "cake face." If you have blemishes you are trying to cover, use concealer after foundation. Another tip is to buy a long wear foundation to prevent it from wearing off throughout the day. I highly recommend splurging on a higher end foundation because high end foundations are just better quality than anything you could ever buy at the drugstore. There are some good drugstore foundations out there, but they will not be as long wearing. I will list my favorite drugstore foundation below, along with my brushes and Chanel foundation.

*always be sure to get color matched when buying a new foundation. If the color doesn't blend well with your skin tone then you will look either darker/lighter than your neck. You do not want to be able to see a make up line along your jawline.

Find it all here:

-Chanel Foundation $55.00
Chanel Foundation @ Nordstrom

-Sigma F50 brush $23.00

Sigma F50



-L'Oreal True Match in W2 Light Ivory  $9.99
* I like this foundation because it is super bendable and it comes in a bunch of shades.

L'Oreal True Match


Step 3: Concealer and Concealing Dark Under Eye Circles

*I know in the video I concealed my under eyes before foundation. I usually conceal my under eyes before my foundation and then conceal blemished after my foundation. I just wanted to combine both my concealers together because they just went together better.

After my foundation is applied, I look for any redness, break outs, or dark circles remaining on my skin. I have dark under eye circles that need to be covered, but if you don't just skip these next couple of steps. Concealing under your eyes can be tricky for the simple face that concealers like to move their way into all the fine lines that are under your eyes. These tips will help you avoid creasing. First, be sure you are using the correct concealer!!! Do NOT use the same concealer you would for a breakout for under your eyes. Typically under eye concealers are liquid, not thick and creamy like blemish covering concealers. If you use the wrong type of concealer, there WILL be the dreaded under eye crease. I apply my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 with a damp beauty blender. If you don't have a beauty blender you can always use your ring finger to blend. A beauty blender just makes it easier. After I apply my under eye concealer, I apply my Laura Mercia Secret Brightening Powder in 1 using a Real Techniques Setting Brush. Setting your under eye concealer is an important step in keeping it in place and from settling in fine lines. Be sure you are not using a powder that is heavily pigmented! Under eye/ setting powders are finely milled powders which prevent a build up on your face. Do not use a Covergirl Compact powder to set your under eye concealer. Using the wrong type of setting powder is the #1 mistake people make. After I set my under eye concealer I move on to concealing any blemishes and redness on my face with my MAC Studio Finish in NW20. This concealer comes in a compact and is way thicker than the Pro Longwear. I apply concealer with my finger or my Sigma concealer brush. Dab concealer on, but do not rub it in because that will just spread the concealer around and it will not do it's job. I will list the products I use below along with a drugstore option.

Find it all here:

*Under Eye Products

-MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 $19.00

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer


-Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in #1  $24.00
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder Sephora


-Beauty Blender $19.95
Beauty Blender


-Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter Brush  $21.00


Sigma Tapered Highlighter


- Drugstore Under Eye Concealer- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind  $8.99

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind


*Face Concealer

-MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20   $18.00
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Step 4 Setting Your Foundation

 After your face concealer and foundation are finished, you then need to set your foundation with a setting powder to keep it in place. NEVER put powder under liquid because you will end up with a big mess! Always put powder OVER liquid. My favorite setting powder is MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus. This skin finish is amazing. It leaves your skin looking velvety smooth while controlling oil all day. Everyone needs this powder in their life! I apply this all over my face (avoiding my under eye area which has already been set with a powder) using my Sigma F25 Tapered Face Brush.


Find it all here: 

 -MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus   $30.00
Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
-Sigma F25 Tapered Face Brush  $29.00



Sigma F25




These are all the steps I use to achieve a flawless face. After I am done, I always apply blush, bronzer, highlighter, eyeliner, mascara, and some type of lip product. You need to add color back to your face to avoid looking corpse like. My day to day look changes depending on what I am wearing, and where I am going. I will do a full face makeup tutorial soon!

Until next time,

Stay Beautiful ♥









0 comments:

Post a Comment