Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Time Skincare Routine

Hello dolls!

Today I will be talking about my current skin care routine, and I will be giving you tips and tricks that have been working for me. I figured this would be a good time to share this post because with the cold winter months upon us a lot of people suffer from dry skin. I have combination skin which means my T-zones (forehead, nose, and chin get oily), and my cheeks are very dry. I would also classify my skin as sensitive because a lot of products break me out and irritate my skin. It is important to know your skin type before choosing what skincare routine will work best for you. My skincare routine is simple, and it will work well for any skin type. Please read all ingredients on product labels before trying them to be sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients though. So now that you have a little background on my skin type let's jump into how I take care of my face in the winter time. Click on the links and pictures to get more info! Enjoy!

Visit my YouTube Channel to watch the video! Just click on the YouTube icon-->

1. Face Wash: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
$10.00- $33.00 depending on size of the bottle

I wash my face morning and night using a washcloth with one quarter size amount of cleanser. I use lukewarm water (you never want to put really hot water on your face it causes temporary redness and can dry out your skin).  This cleanser is great because it takes off all makeup, and really balances out your skin. It does not dry your face out, and it can be used for all skin type. If you would like a cheaper option, Cetaphil is also a great gentle cleanser. It can be found anywhere drugstore products are sold and is around $10.00.

Find it here:
Philosophy: Purity Made Simple @ Ulta


2. Exfoliation: Clarisonic Mia  $125.00 or Facial Scrub

Exfoliation is an important step in any skin care routine, however, most people do not exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation is important because it takes all the dead skin cells off your face, and allows moisture to get into your skin. If you keep adding a moisturizer to dead skin, you will not see a change. Dead skin cells create a barrier between your skin, and moisturizer. So if you have problem patches that never seem to go away, try exfoliating. I have been using a clarisonic, which is basically a fancy face brush that vibrates, and takes the dead skin off your face. I use a drop of my facial cleanser on the brush, turn it on, and work it around my face in a circular motion. I do not use it for more than a minute, and I only use it twice a week. I use the delicate brush head, but there are many different brush heads to chose from depending on your specific needs. You do NOT have to go out and spend the money to buy one to exfoliate. Although, I LOVE my clarisonic and believe it's a great investment for a staple skin care product. Great exfoliation can come from a simple scrub as well. I will list some drugstore scrubs that I use and love. Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!

Find it here:
Mia at Ulta


Clarisonic's website describing all models:

http://www.clarisonic.com/shop-our-products/clarisonic-cleansing-devices

Some great scrubs:

Neutrogena Gentle Scrub Oil Free
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod2074370

Neutrogena Invigorating Foaming Scrub
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod2116576

St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod5021998


3. Toner: Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner  $7.99

I love toners! I love the way they make my skin feel super clean and fresh, but I did not like how some toners dried my face out. Finally I discovered a Neutrogena toner that has NO alcohol in it, which is great for me because it is gentle on my skin. Toners are great for restoring the balance of moisture in your face, cleaning off left over dirt/makeup/oil left on your face after washing it. You will be surprised to see what's left on your face after you wash it. I take a cotton round, pour the toner on it, and rub it around my entire face. It's a simple step, but it makes a huge difference.

Find it here:
Neutrogena Toner


4. Moisturizer: Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion & Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil in Light

The last and final step of any skin care routine is moisturizing. After you wash, exfoliate, and tone your skin it needs moisture put back in. My two moisturizers are the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion, and the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil in Light. I take a quarter size amount of the Skin MD lotion, and then I add 3-4 drops of my Argan Oil to the lotion and mix them together. Then I apply it generously to my face and neck. The Skin MD lotion is supposed to trap the moisture in your skin to prevent it from drying out. I think it is a great moisturizer for anyone, but especially people with sensitive skin. I cannot express how much I love the Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil. I know it sounds crazy putting oil on your face, but to answer your question no it will not clog your pores! Crazy, right? It is even good for people with oily skin. This is a very hydrating product, and it has made my skin softer than it has ever been. The production description states: "This must-have oil actually reduces sebum production, so it is ideal for all skin types, especially breakout-prone and sensitive skin."

Find them both here:

*Skin MD: you can find it in some drugstores, online at several store. I usually buy mine through amazon or eBay. Prices vary from store to store.

http://www.skinmdnatural.com/


http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skin+md

*Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil in Light  $17.00 for 0.5 OZ. It lasts a long time for me!

http://www.sephora.com/100-pure-argan-oil-light-P380805?skuId=1548270
 


5. Mario Badescu: Drying Lotion $17.00

This is a great product for acne spot treatment. It has salicylic acid that dries out pimples overnight, and this product is safe for all skin types! I use this product whenever I have a breakout, and it reduces the time it takes for it to go away. I use a Q-Tip and dip it into the bottom peachy clay like stuff and then apply to my breakout before bed. I highly recommend this product to anyone who gets breakouts often!

Find it here:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6200681



Thank you for checking out my skin care tips! Please feel free to ask any questions, and leave me your favorite skin care products below! Also let me know what type of video/blog you would like to see next!

Until next time,

Stay Beautiful ♥



0 comments:

Post a Comment